Something different...

Yes, I study French, but it doesn't mean I'm not keen on different cultures and countries. This time I'll talk about Russian and extraordinary rock musician Zemfira. She has been performing since 1998 and has gained a huge audience, not only in Russia. She has sold over 3 million records.
At the age of 4, Zemfira became interested in music, entering a music school her older brother Ramil introduced her to rock music, which became her real passion – she listened to Black Sabbath, Nazareth, and Queen, and has started to play guitar.
After graduation (1996) Zemfira spent her days making advertisement recordings at the station where she recorded the songs that would later become the singles "Why" (Почему), "Snow" (Снег), and "Weatherman" (Синоптик). From 1999 to 2005 Zemfira has been more and more popular. The best-known singles at the time were "AIDS" (СПИД), "Arrivederci" (Aриведерчи), and "Rockets" (Ракеты).
On 16th October 2004 on the MTV Russia Awards show the singer performed "We Are the Champions" together with the rock group Queen. From January 2009 to July 2010 Zemfira had a break. The first performance after this break was closing a pop-music contest called New Wave. Since than Zemfira is giving many performances.
Zemfira (Земфира) (1999)
Forgive Me My Love (Прости Меня Моя Любовь) (2000) and many more...

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "Земфира"

Long story short, I recommend to listen to her songs but make sure there's a translation of it out there... :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adolescence

NEVERMIND, it's OVER

Effective Altruism? You got ice in your veins!