NEVERMIND, it's OVER
Now,
you know why this blog name's „nevermind”. What's interesting and
important for one person for the other is completely useless. What I
consider as superfluous might be crucial for someone. What I think is valid I've been sharing with you here for the last few months.
The most important thing, though, is to think critically. Today's post is about how to deal with finding reliable information, at least how I do it, even if I sometimes fail.
The most important thing, though, is to think critically. Today's post is about how to deal with finding reliable information, at least how I do it, even if I sometimes fail.
1.
Before you share text from an unknown source, click on the link and
read the text first. Check the source of information. Is it
trustworthy? Do other information on the site look reliable?
2.
Pay attention to the flashy headlines written CAPSLOCK and drastic
images – they should arouse your suspicion.
3.
Type in google this news and try to confirm the information in a
trusted source – in a large broadcast, the one which you know is
free from fake news.
4.
Check the date of the article, fake news are often dredged up from
the past. If the article does not have a date. it's probably fake.
5.
Last, but not least, keep your eyes open! As long as you don't want
to fill your head with invented, often harmful, stories, you must be
careful.
That's
it. It looks complicated but it's worth following. We're not able to
get rid of the internet nowadays and it's fine! Internet is an
amazing source of information when used properly. Our brain is worth this effort!
Comments
Post a Comment